What creates a community? This program will engage your students with stories of remarkable individuals who laid the cornerstones of justice and compassion in early Calgary. See the growth of Calgary through historic maps and photographs, from isolated ‘Mountie’ outpost, to a bustling prairie city. Meet Colonel James Macleod and his courageous wife Mary at the Sandstone House. A visit to the Cottage Hospital reveals the story of Jimmie Smith, a humble Chinese immigrant who helped fund Calgary’s first hospital. Your class will learn that no matter who you are, everyone can make their community and the world a better place.
- Cost per program: $160.00 per class
- Class size: Maximum 30 students
- Ratio: 1 supervisor / 8 students
- Program times: Monday - Friday 9:30am to 11:30am or 12:00pm to 2:00pm
- Program dates: September 23 - November 21, 2019 & January 20 - April 24, 2020