Posted February 12, 2020
Heritage Park is looking for a seasonal Agriculture Programming Lead Hand to join our Agriculture team. Under the direction of the Agriculture Programming Coordinator, you will assist with daily agricultural operations, provide care for livestock and facilities, and deliver related programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Agriculture Programming Coordinator with all aspects of the Agriculture operations, including the development and implementation of interpretive and special programs, provision of wagon tours and carriage service, and assists in coordinating tasks among the Ranch Hands and Teamster Assistants;
- Performs daily chores and maintenance of horses and other livestock as needed;
- Ensures regular conditioning of all horses, and harnesses and drives horses in a responsible manner to ensure guest safety; and
- Provides service and information to visitors in a friendly and courteous manner.
- High School diploma; some post-secondary education in animal husbandry would be an asset;
- Previous experience in an agricultural area dealing with livestock, as well as knowledge of harnessing and driving teams; and
- Tact and good verbal communication skills, as well as mature judgment and constant attention to safety concerns.
Working Conditions and Hours of Work:
- Up to 40 hours per week during the operating season with adjusted schedule during shoulder seasons as need/demand dictates;
- Various scheduled hours of work including possible weekends, statutory holidays, and fluctuating hours;
- This position involves some amount of physical labour and as this is largely an outdoor position so exposure to a variety of weather conditions is certain; and
- OR -
Send by email to email@example.com or mail to 1900 Heritage Drive SW, Calgary, AB T2V 2X3 or fax (403) 268-8554.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.