Posted July 25, 2022
Heritage Park is seeking experienced Banquet Cooks to join our Food Services Team. Under the direction of the Executive Chef, you will be responsible for the preparation and cooking of food for a variety of unique functions and events.
Leave the modern day behind and become a member of the Heritage Park team where we offer a professional and fun work environment, on-the-job training, staff discount on food and retail, free Park admission, complimentary staff parking and the opportunity to be a part of one of Calgary’s top attractions in the most unique, exceptional setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the quality of food prepared meets standards set by the Executive Chef and is prepared in a timely manner and as per the catering function sheet;
- Ensures quality service to guests and excellence in meals served by maintaining a good working relationship with the FOH staff;
- Ensures that all equipment is in good working order and that all standards of sanitation and methodology of cleaning are adhered to; and
- Assists the restaurant and village kitchen operations as needed.
- Two to four years of varied commercial cooking experience and possession of a valid class 5 driver's license; Completion of an accredited post-secondary program in cooking/culinary arts and Alberta Red Seal certification would be an asset;
- Must have good communication skills, as well as the ability to co-ordinate, organize and assign work; and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and advanced knowledge of kitchen’s procedures and equipment operations.
Working Conditions and Hours of Work:
- Exposure to hot temperatures, heavy lifting, walking, and working in a standing position for long periods of time; and
- Daytime, evening, and weekend shifts based on business levels.
Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to: [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted directly. No phone calls, please.