Posted July 25, 2022
Heritage Park is looking for a Banquet Lead Hand. Leave the modern day behind and become a member of the Heritage Park team where we offer a professional and fun work environment, on-the-job training, staff discount on food and retail, free Park admission, complimentary staff parking and the opportunity to be a part of one of Calgary’s top attractions in the most unique, exceptional setting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures the proper amount of banquet supplies, including tablecloths, dishes, cutlery, glassware and paper supplies are at the proper location for each function.
- Assists with maintaining the cleanliness of all banquet facilities and storage areas.
- Assists with the transferring of products and supplies from venue to venue as necessary.
- Assists with set-ups as required.
- Assists with product ordering and staff and volunteer scheduling as assigned
- Provides leadership and support to Banquet and Kitchen staff before, during and at the end of functions.
- Supervises and gives direction to Banquet Staff to ensure policies and standards are adhered to.
- Ensures dirty linen is taken back to Gasoline Alley where appropriate.
- Willing to accept shifts as a Liaison or Bartender as necessary.
- Provides exceptional internal and external customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good organizational skills and a pleasant personality are necessary. Fluency in English is essential.
- Completion of Grade 12 and a minimum age of 18 years is required. Post-secondary training in a hospitality area is an asset. Possession of a valid Class 5 driver’s license is necessary.
Special Clothing and Equipment:
- This is a costumed position with costume(s) to be provided by Heritage Park. Individuals are required to provide their own shoes, to be approved by the Costume Department at Heritage Park. On occasions when a costume is not worn, individuals must dress both professionally and suited to the tasks they will be performing in a variety of weather conditions
Hours of Work:
- Shift work, mainly evenings, on an on-call basis. Hours may vary from 0 to 44 hours per week. Heritage Park's busy time for Banquets is during the summer months and November and December.
Special Working Conditions:
- Must on occasion work outdoors and also at tent functions. Must be prepared to walk into the Park to job site during the operating season. Some heavy lifting is also required.
- Previous experience in food services is necessary; previous experience at Heritage Park would be an asset.
Special Working Conditions:
- Potential exposure to hot and cold temperatures; long periods of standing.
Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted directly. No phone calls, please.
- OR -
Send by email to [email protected] or mail to 1900 Heritage Drive SW, Calgary, AB T2V 2X3 or fax (403) 268-8554.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.