Posted August 22, 2019
Heritage Park is looking for a Carpenter with experience in renovation and restoration projects to join our team. This is a term position available immediately with the possibility of the position continuing until the end of December 2019, or longer. Under the direction of the Carpentry Supervisor, the Carpenter will assist in the construction and restoration of a natural resource exhibit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs selective demolition and removal of waste
- Repairs and constructs various elements of the exhibit
- Completes documentation and progress reports throughout the project
- Operates hand and power tools
- Works closely with other members of the Carpentry team
- Versatile in all types of general carpentry
- Proficient with the safe operation of carpentry tools and power tools
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
- Prior experience with renovation and restoration projects an asset
- High-School Diploma; minimum 5 years experience as a Carpenter or at least a 3rd year Carpentry Apprentice
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Working Conditions and Hours of Work:
- Must be willing to perform a wide variety of tasks with varying physical requirements from lifting, climbing ladders, and being on your feet for extended periods of time
- Must be willing to work at height and in confined spaces
- Extended outdoor activity; exposure to varied weather conditions
- 40 hours per week; Monday to Friday
- OR -
Send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 1900 Heritage Drive SW, Calgary, AB T2V 2X3 or fax (403) 268-8554.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.