Posted February 5, 2020
Heritage Park is looking for Character Interpreters to play a wide range of roles for the 2020 spring/summer street theatre program. Become a member of the acting troupe presenting historically based vignettes through a variety of theatrical forms portraying pre-1914 Western Canada. Dressed in authentic turn-of-the-century costumes, the Character Interpreters will perform a variety of different scripts in the heart of the historical village. The living history environment facilitates the opportunity for improvised interactions which completes the Park’s immersive guest experience.
- Post-secondary drama training and some previous acting experience (equivalences will be considered);
- Proven performance skills in acting, excellent verbal communication and public relations skills, and the ability to imaginatively develop and physically project a character; and
- Familiarity with historical interpretation is considered an asset.
- Auditions will be held on February 29, 2020 and selected candidates will have to perform a prepared monologue and complete a cold read; and
- Full details will be sent to candidates selected to audition.
- Rehearsals are mandatory for all Character Interpreters from April 14th, 2020 to May 15th, 2020;
- Performances run from May 16, 2020 to September 7, 2020 (9:30am to 5:00pm); and
- The work week is 35 hours with two consecutive weekdays off.
If you are interested in auditioning, please ensure your cover letter, resume, and headshot are included in your application.
- OR -
Send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 1900 Heritage Drive SW, Calgary, AB T2V 2X3 or fax (403) 268-8554.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.