Character Interpreter – Summer Street Theatre Program
Posted February 13, 2019
Heritage Park is looking for Character Interpreters to play a wide range of roles for the 2019 spring/summer street theatre program. Become a member of the acting troupe presenting historically based vignettes through a variety of theatrical forms portraying pre-1914 Western Canada. Dressed in authentic turn-of-the-century costumes, the Character Interpreters will perform a variety of different scripts in the heart of the historical village. The living history environment facilitates the opportunity for improvised interactions which completes the Park’s immersive guest experience.
- Post-secondary drama training and some previous acting experience (equivalences will be considered)
- Proven performance skills in acting, excellent verbal communication and public relations skills, and the ability to imaginatively develop and physically project a character
- Familiarity with historical interpretation is considered an asset
- Auditions will be held on March 15, 2019 and March 16, 2019 and selected candidates will have to perform a prepared monologue and complete a cold read
- Full details will be sent to candidates selected to audition
- Rehearsals are mandatory for all Character Interpreters from April 14, 2019 to May 17, 2019
- Performances run from May 18, 2019 to September 2, 2019 (9:30am to 5:00pm)
- The work week is 35 hours with two consecutive weekdays off
If you are interested in auditioning, please ensure your resume and headshot are included in your application.