Dining Services Assistant - Full Time
Posted November 1, 2017
Heritage Park has an immediate opening for a Dining Services Assistant. Under the direction of the Dining Services Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing and supporting the daily operations of the Cafés, Concessions and the Wainwright Hotel. This is a full-time, year-round position with an excellent benefits and pension plan package.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Dining Services Supervisor with hiring and training of all Dining Services staff, scheduling and payroll, monitoring and controlling of the labour cost, supplies and equipment
- Liaising with the Culinary Team and other departments to ensure our guests receive the highest level of customer satisfaction and the finest hospitality experience
- Directing staff in accordance with optimum food preparation and service guidelines and enforcing safe food handling procedures and costuming policies
- Providing shift coverage and supporting frontline daily operations of the dining services venues as needed
- Exceptional organizational, communication and leadership skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure, solve problems, multi-task, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to focus your attention on guest needs and remain professional and courteous at all times
- A minimum of three years of Dining Services leadership experience, as well as post-secondary education, preferably in Hospitality management (or an equivalent combination)
Working Conditions and Hours of Work:
- 40 hours per week; schedule will typically be Wednesday through Sunday
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including, weekends holidays, and some evenings as required
Applicants are thanked in advance, and are advised that only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.