Posted January 28, 2020
Heritage Park is looking for a seasonal Education Program Assistant to join our Education team. Under the direction of the Education Program Specialist and the Education Manager, the Education Program Assistant provides day-to-day support for the delivery of curriculum-based school programs and select youth programs delivered at Heritage Park. This position also ensures that program sites are prepared for use, welcomes schools and other program participants, delivers programs (on an as-needed basis), and assists with clean-up at the end of programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works together with a team of Educational staff to ensure the successful delivery of programs including curriculum-based school programs for grade K-9, field trips, home school days and Guide/Scout programs;
- Prepares program sites for the day’s programs and assists with clean-up at the conclusion of programs;
- Liaises with program delivery staff and troubleshoots any logistical issues that arise;
- Directs buses and welcomes school and youth groups to the Park and escorts classes between programs during lunch breaks;
- Assists with the preparation of hands-on activities, craft materials, demonstrations, and program and training manuals;
- Relays feedback from teachers, participants and Educational Interpreters to the Education Program Specialist and Manager which contributes to ongoing program evaluation; and
- Delivers programs to cover staff absences (as required).
- Some post secondary education in related areas (Education , Western Canadian History, etc) and experience in a museum or teaching environment;First Aid & CPR certification and satisfactory confirmation of a clear Police Information Check;
- Strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to approach tasks independently;
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment; and
- Mature judgment and respect towards others with a constant attention for safety and security concerns.
Working Conditions and Hours of Work:
- Hours will vary with the time of year, up to 28 hours per week during peak program season (mid-January to June, September and October) with limited hours (12 hours or less per week) the rest of the year; occasional evening or weekend shifts may be required;
- The appropriate costume will be provided by the Costuming Department whenever delivering a program; and
- This position may be required to stand or walk for long periods of time and may be exposed to varying temperatures, depending on the weather.
- OR -
Send by email to email@example.com or mail to 1900 Heritage Drive SW, Calgary, AB T2V 2X3 or fax (403) 268-8554.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.