Grounds Maintenance Worker
Posted October 18, 2018
Heritage Park is looking for a seasonal Grounds Maintenance Worker to join our Operations team. As a Grounds Maintenance Worker, you will be responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the grounds of Heritage Park.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains the grounds (grass areas, roads, parking lots and walk ways) of Heritage Park
- Prepares grounds and facilities for special events, catered evens, and outside contractors and sets up and dismantles Park tents
- Uses and maintains machinery and equipment in a safe condition
- Provides service as required to Grounds Maintenance while assisting with the needs and requirements of other departments as necessary
- Completion of High School and previous job related experience, as well as working knowledge of a variety of powered equipment and hand tools (basic carpentry skills are also required)
- Must be organized and punctual, have the ability to work with little or no supervision and flexibility to adjust to different tasks
- Must have valid Class 5 Driver's license; forklift and bobcat experience would be an asset
- Must be willing to perform a wide variety of tasks with varying physical requirements and must be prepared to work in all weather conditions
Hours of Work:
Various scheduled hours of work including possible weekends, statutory holidays, fluctuating hours and overtime as required.