Posted July 25, 2022
Heritage Park is seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Assistant to join the team. Under the direction of the Mechanical Maintenance Manager, assists in the mechanical maintenance operations of the Park’s facilities, vehicles and midway, including repairing and setting up designated equipment, appliances and systems.
Leave the modern day behind and become a member of the Heritage Park team where we offer a professional and fun work environment, on-the-job training, staff discount on food and retail, free Park admission, complimentary staff parking and the opportunity to be a part of one of Calgary’s top attractions in the most unique, exceptional setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes and implements maintenance (mechanical) requests as required.
- Applies mechanical skill and aptitude in mechanical maintenance to diagnose, repair, design and complete tasks as assigned.
- Assist with the maintenance of midways rides as required
- Interfaces with outside contractors and agencies to ensure service calls and projects are carried through in support of manager’s direction.
- Assists in set-up of light and heating systems and other equipment for Park functions as required.
- Participates in inventory control within the Mechanical Maintenance department, ensuring that materials are ordered and stocked as per manager’s direction.
- Assists Heritage Park guests when necessary, in a helpful and courteous manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School education plus mechanical aptitude. A valid driver's license is required.
- A minimum of three years mechanical maintenance experience.
- Must be mechanically inclined and have a variety of skills to complete required tasks. Fluency in English, good written and IT skills are essential.
- Plumbing, mechanical, welding experience are all considered assets
Special Clothing and Equipment:
Costumes will be supplied by Heritage Park as required. Individuals will be required to supply their own appropriate footwear, to be approved by the Costume Department Supervisor during Park open season. Off season coveralls will be supplied and appropriate safety footwear will be the employee’s responsibility.
Special Working Conditions:
Physical requirements are numerous and varied including, lifting 25kg, climbing ladders, and being on your feet for long periods of time. As a portion of this position takes place outside, exposure to varied weather conditions is envisaged. This position requires a person in good physical condition.
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week. Various scheduled hours of work including possible weekends, statutory holidays, fluctuating hours and overtime as required. (Holidays will be scheduled around Heritage Park peak periods.)
Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to: [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted directly. No phone calls, please.