Posted July 25, 2022
Heritage Park is looking for an experienced individual to join our Finance Department in the role of Payroll & Finance Manager. Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Payroll & Finance Manager provides services in the areas of payroll and related systems, forecasting and budget.
- Supervise Payroll Administrator
- Review processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits garnishments, taxes and deductions to ensure timely and accurate processing and support processes as needed;
- Process or review remittances of all payroll related expenses;
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates;
- Prepare all payroll related journal entries and post to general ledger. Includes capital and labor allocations;
- Prepare working papers and reconciliations for payroll expense, vacation accruals, pension, and related general accounts;
- Support applications for payroll related grants and reporting;
- Implement and enhance payroll systems and processes;
- Salary and benefit forecasting and budgeting;
- Support ad hoc financial analysis including periodic reporting for forecast and budgets;
- Answers queries and prepares special reports as requested by management, auditors, and employees; and
- Supports CFO and other functions in the finance department, as required.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education and at least 4 years of full-cycle accounting experience with a solid understanding of the general ledger, including responsibility for recording capital assets.
- CPA designation would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate with all levels of management;
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and work independently while responding quickly to changing priorities;
- A high degree of comfort in a fast-paced, high volume work environment;
- A demonstrated track record of accuracy and excellence with a high volume of transactions;
- Strong initiative, attention to detail, and superior analytical skills;
- Excellent computer skills, specifically as an intermediate or advanced user of MS Excel; pivot table experience an asset;
- Knowledge of payroll systems and processes;
- Knowledge of report writing tools; Microsoft Dynamics Navision and PayWorks an asset.
- The majority of work is in an office environment, with the option to work from home two or three days per week, subject to workflow and cycle.
Hours of Work:
- 35 hours per week; Monday – Friday;
- Full-time permanent position.
- Overtime may be required during peak periods, with proper approval.
Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to: [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted directly. No phone calls, please.