Railway Café Cook (Part-Time, Seasonal)
Posted April 12, 2018
Heritage Park is seeking an experienced professional to join our Food Services Team as a part-time, seasonal Railway Café Cook. Under the direction of the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef, you will be responsible for planning, preparing, and cooking food for the Railway Café.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares food for the daily menus and ensures that the quality of food prepared meets standards set by the Executive Chef and is prepared in a timely manner
- Provides recommendations and feedback on the menu design
- Ensures quality service to guests and excellence in meals served by maintaining a good working relationship with the FOH staff and other kitchen staff
- Ensures that all equipment is in good working order and that all standards of sanitation and methodology of cleaning are adhered to
- High-School Diploma and possession of a Journeyman Certificate or Alberta Red Seal is preferred; minimum one year of relevant experience in a commercial kitchen
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills, as well as enthusiasm, willingness to learn, and tactfulness
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and advanced knowledge of kitchen’s procedures and equipment operations
- Flexibility to work weekends and holidays; average 20 hours per week schedule
Applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.