Tour Guides (Seasonal)
Posted March 3, 2017
Heritage Park is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our Interpretation Team as Tour Guides. Full-time or part-time hours are available during our summer operating season (May-September), and on weekends from September to the beginning of October.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engages visitors from across the globe who will be arriving at the Park by motor coach
- Leads tour groups on a walking tour though various sites in the Park and explains their significance to the development of the West
- Works in various other exhibits as a historical Interpreter when required
- High School diploma, combined with at least one year of Post Secondary education (or an equivalent combination); familiarity with western Canadian history considered an asset
- Previous experience in customer service, communications, or tourism
- Fluency in English required; fluency in French, Mandarin, Korean, Spanish or another language considered an asset
Working Conditions and Hours of Work:
- This position may require the applicant to stand and/or walk for prolonged periods of time and may also require work in non-climate controlled environments
- The incumbent will also be required to wear a costume, which will be provided by the Park
Applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.