Posted July 25, 2022
Heritage Park is looking for a Warehouse Assistant to join the team. Under the direction of Warehouse Management, the Warehouse Assistant performs various physical and computer related tasks to allow for the receiving and distribution of product throughout our facilities; maintaining the warehouse equipment, vehicles and areas in accordance with park and safety standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives incoming deliveries; inspects and reports for shipping errors and damages;
- Stores incoming perishables with a clear understanding of FIFO (first in, first out);
- Assists with preparing receivables, including perishables, for storage and or distribution to our facilities throughout the park;
- Use of inventory management system (training provided) to fulfill requisitions, transfer orders and other data entry as directed;
- Assists with the setup and take down for special events and other programs, as directed;
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment;
- Operates park vehicles ensuring that the priority, without exception, is the safety of our guests, team members and livestock;
- Supports all internal customers throughout the park with ad hoc requests as they arise, in a professional and timely manner, while also providing exceptional customer experience;
Education and Experience:
High school diploma; prior experience working in a warehouse and or retail environment preferred;
Possession of a valid class 5 driver’s license is required. It is necessary that the incumbent be well organized, flexible and possess the ability to prioritize and multi-task. Strong customer service skills are essential.
Special Clothing and Equipment:
A costume will be provided by Heritage Park which is required to be worn during operating hours. Appropriate safety footwear is to be worn, which will be reimbursed in accordance with company policy.
Heavy lifting is involved with the requirement of receiving and transporting items. This position will also require the incumbent to drive and work outdoors on a regular basis, with exposure to weather extremes. Hours and days of work will vary including early evenings, weekends and holidays.
Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to: [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted directly. No phone calls, please.