Tour Guide Support
Do you love meeting new people? Are you interested in the history of Western Canada? Do you speak Spanish, Mandarin, Korean or European French fluently? We are looking for volunteers to assist our tour guides in providing an excellent experience to non-English speaking groups from around the world.
What will you do?
- Welcome the group and introduce the Park Tour Guide in the tour group’s language
- Communicate the Park safety rules and policies to the group in their language
- Accompany the one-hour walking tour to help provide excellent customer service
- Help manage the tour group, ensuring all guests follow the Tour Guide
- Work in close partnership with the Tour Guide
- Wear a red Heritage Park Volunteer vest for identification
- Provide support – NOT lead a tour or translate the entire tour
What do you need?
- You must register as a Heritage Park volunteer
- Fluency in English and Spanish, Mandarin, Korean or European French
- A friendly, courteous manner in dealing with guests
- Physical ability to walk for an hour or more over uneven ground
- Confidence in speaking briefly to a large group
- Attend the training sessions offered this spring
Tour Guide Support volunteers will be scheduled once a tour with a language requirement has been booked. Most tour bookings have an irregular schedule, so volunteers will be ‘on call’ and scheduled with as much notice as possible.
If you would like more details, please contact Volunteer Services at 403-268-8610, email@example.com