This barn was built in 1927 for the P. Burns and Company Bow Valley Ranch in Calgary. Its owner, Patrick Burns, was one of the celebrated Big Four who first invested in Guy Weadick's Calgary Stampede in 1912.
Over the years, Burns bought thousands of acres of rangeland throughout Western Canada, including the famous Bar U Ranch, and William Roper Hull's Bow Valley Ranch in Calgary. P. Burns Ranches Ltd. of Calgary donated the barn to Heritage Park in 1977. The Burns' Barn now houses the Repsol Heritage Education Centre and is used for the Park's summer camps and educational programs.