The history of this turntable is subject to some debate. However, to the best of the Park's knowledge, it was built in 1907 or 1922 at the Canadian Foundry Company in Winnipeg.
It was first installed in train yards in North Bend, B.C., 60 kilometres north of Hope, and was later relocated to Arrowhead, B.C., and then Sicamous, B.C. In 1981, the Canadian Pacific Railway donated the turntable to Heritage Park. It was set up behind the Roundhouse to give rolling stock access to the repair shops and to display areas of the Roundhouse. The grey mechanism to the left of the turntable is the air-operated motor that turns the turntable.More Attractions & Exhibits View Interactive Map