Newsletter Sign Up

Barons Snooker Parlour

"Doc" Mendenhall, his brother-in-law, Walter Hatfield, and Augustus Clay, bought a lot from the railway land agent in Barons, Alberta, and built Barons Snooker Parlour in 1910. While pool halls had a bad reputation with temperance-minded folk in those days, they were a popular place for men to spend their leisure time.

The building originally had room for just one pool table, but was later expanded to make room for three more, two bowling lanes and a bathroom, where patrons could take a bath for 75 cents. Heritage Park purchased the hall, complete with tables, cues, billiard balls and scoreboard from the Town of Barons for $3,000 in 1969.


Heritage Park has implemented the Restrictions Exemption Program. For more information visit our COVID-19 Information page