This railway station houses the Park’s Railway Café and Orientation Centre. It is a re-creation of the station the Canadian Pacific Railway (C.P.R.) built in downtown Calgary in 1893. The original station complex consisted of a train station and a restaurant connected by a breezeway.
Constructed of local sandstone in the vernacular railway style, each of the two buildings were protected by a massive hipped roof with large dormer windows. By 1911, Calgary had outgrown the old depot and the C.P.R. began construction of a larger building. The sandstone structures were dismantled and shipped to the towns of High River and Claresholm where they were rebuilt into C.P.R. stations.