Fritz Kreis, a leading German manufacturer of amusement park rides, built this swing in 1920 as a one-off project. Before the Dangler Swings were acquired by Jim Conklin, this ride was the largest of its kind in Europe.
The Dangler Swings evolved from the mechanical carousels popular during the 1870s, with the ride's centre pole turned by a 7½-horsepower electric motor. Conklin donated the Dangler Swings to Heritage Park in 1984, and the newly restored ride was featured at the 1988 Calgary Stampede midway. It was permanently installed at Heritage Park in 1989.