This carriage house was designed by William Roper Hull, one of Calgary's early tycoons, to be part of his Langmore estate. Covering 22 city lots, the estate was valued at $12,000 in 1905. Hull first arrived in Calgary with 1,200 head of horses, which he and a partner sold to the North West Mounted Police and the Northwest Cattle Company.
Hull later established a thriving meat business and butcher shop during Calgary's early days. He went on to build Calgary's first opera house and six office buildings, including the Grain Exchange, and started Calgary Brewing and Malting with fellow tycoons A.E. Cross and Senator Matthew Cochrane. This carriage house was designed to house two buggies, four horses, two ponies and the grooms in the rooms upstairs, with space left over for a tack room and hayloft. It was originally purchased in 1955 by Eric L. Harvie for the Glenbow Foundation, and was donated to Heritage Park in 1964.