Between 1900 and 1940, the Canadian Pacific Railway used eight designs for most of its stations built in the Prairie provinces. The one built in Midnapore, Alberta, just south of Calgary, in 1910, is an example of a "combination" station, housing a freight storage room, a waiting area and an office under the same roof.
Midnapore was originally called Fish Creek, but the village postmaster changed the name when he found a letter addressed to the postmaster in Midnapore, India, mixed in with Fish Creek's mail. In 1912, passenger service was introduced between Calgary and Fort Macleod, but due to a wartime lack of manpower and decreased business, Midnapore station closed in 1918. The CPR sold the station to Heritage Park in 1964 for one dollar.