August 24 & 25, 2019 | 10:00am - 5:00pm
Whether you’re a country-living expert, or a bonafide city kid, experience ‘How the West Was Once’ out on the farm during Country Kickback at Heritage Park!
Don’t miss fascinating demonstrations including:
• Threshing and baling with steam-powered machinery at our wheat field (weather permitting)
• Wheat grinding demonstrations
• Slow tractor races with Pioneer Acres of Alberta
• Sheep-to-shawl contest
• The Chinook Guild of Fibre Arts present a kaleidoscope of new original work: Celebrating 90 years of creativity, passion and craftsmanship.
If you like to get hands-on, don’t miss these amazing activities:
• Pet the friendly farm critters provided by Butterfield Acres
• Show off your skills in an old-fashioned pie-eating contest! (View contest rules)
• Try making rope, or branding a barn board and take home a souvenir!
• Churning butter & making ice cream (without a freezer!) – sampling is encouraged!
• Grab a partner & spin them ‘round at the old-fashioned barn dance
• Everyone loves the Kickback Challenge: Complete the four listed activities, collect four stamps, and enter to win a family prize pack.
• Finally, get ready for some hand-clapping, foot-stopping fun with live entertainment provided by the Prairie Mountain Fiddlers and Chinook Country Line Dancers! We'll see you there, pardner.
Regular Heritage Park admission rates in effect. Pre-purchase your admission online.