August 25 & 26, 2018
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Whether you’re a country-living expert, or a bonafide city kid, experience ‘How the West Was Once’ out on the farm during Country Kickback at Heritage Park!
Don’t miss fascinating demonstrations including:
- Threshing and baling with steam-powered machinery at our wheat field (weather permitting)
- Wheat grinding & other demonstrations at the small engine display with Engine Utopia
- Slow tractor races with Pioneer Acres of Alberta
- Sheep shearing demonstration
- Sheep-to-shawl contest
- Women’s Hands Building a Nation nation-wide exhibit, from the Chinook Guild of Fibre Arts
If you like to get hands-on, don’t miss these amazing activities:
- Pet the friendly farm critters provided by Butterfield Acres
- Try making rope, or branding a barn board and take home a souvenir!
- Churning butter & making ice cream (without a freezer!) – sampling is encouraged!
- Grab a partner & spin them ‘round at the old-fashioned barn dance
- Everyone loves the Kickback Challenge:
- Complete the four listed activities, collect four stamps, and enter to win a family prize pack: Lassoing, Gymkhana, Egg Find, and Bucket Brigade
Finally, get ready for some hand-clapping, foot-stopping fun with live entertainment provided by the Prairie Mountain Fiddlers and Chinook Country Line Dancers! We'll see you there, pardner.