Heritage Park's Discovery Days is where home-schooled students can spend a half day or full day exploring, learning and having fun at Heritage Park. Students will be in groups of up to 8 with 1 – 2 leaders per group.
Student's explore different themes throughout the year through curriculum based programs delivered all around the park. Students may sign up for a single or multiple day(s). Payment must be made online at time of registration to hold your spot. First come, first served.
We are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation, and look forward to resuming Discovery Days as soon as it is safe to do so. Please check back for updated information.
Important Information Regarding COVID-19 Risk Mitigation
As per current Alberta Health Services guidelines and to ensure the safety of participants and staff, our Discovery Days will adhere to the following:
- Staff members, parents or guardians and children must not attend the program if they are sick, even if symptoms resemble a mild cold.
- Programs will be modified to incorporate physical distancing measures and to prevent groups and the public from intermingling.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of programming spaces and materials.
- Frequent hand-washing, access to hand sanitizer and reminders of respiratory etiquette will be encouraged.
Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19, with a history of international travel in the last 14 days, or with close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days must remain at home.
Parents are requested to check the temperature of their child before coming to Discovery Days.
Our program spaces will utilize a variety of indoor and outdoor spaces but will be arranged to maintain recommended social distancing measures and cleaning / disinfecting protocols.
- The City of Calgary’s COVID-19 Face Coverings Bylaw (effective August 1, 2020) requires the use of face masks in public indoor areas.
- All participants are asked to wear masks during indoor program delivery, as well as outdoors if physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- As Heritage Park strives to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for our guests we ask that all guests wear masks while in our buildings, or in areas where 2m physical distancing outside your cohort is not possible. Our staff will be wearing masks for everyone’s protection.
- All sales are final. There are no refunds granted if you decide to cancel your child’s registration for any reason.
- Heritage Park reserves the right to cancel the event due to insufficient registration. In such cases, fees will be refunded in full.
- Transfer of dates will be considered case by case.
Please contact the Education Department at [email protected] or 403-268-8522.