Heritage Park Engineer For A Day Raffle
You could be engineer for a day!
Enter to win a highly coveted and rarely granted experience – a ride in the cab of a 1940’s steam locomotive at Heritage Park!
Get behind the scenes as you and a guest enjoy the following:
- Gear up in authentic Heritage Park train crew costuming.
- Join our certified engineer and fireman at the Roundhouse before the Park opens.
- Accompany the train crew as they check and prepare the train for the day.
- Chug to the Park’s 1902-model water tower to fill the needed 1,700 litres of water for the day.
- Feel pride as you stop at Midnapore Station to pick up your first guests of the day.
- Smile and wave at the excited faces below!
- Blow the whistle before leaving the station!
- Escape today, as you roll by the majestic Rocky Mountains, sparkling Glenmore Reservoir, woods, farmland, and vintage town.
After working up an appetite on the railway, you and your guest enjoy a three-course lunch at the Selkirk Grille. The Selkirk Grille celebrates the ‘King of the Rockies,’ engine #5931, gracing the front of Heritage Park. Executive chef Leighton Smyth’s menu is sure to ignite and delight your taste buds.
Your parting gifts will include engineer caps and bandannas, Engineer for a Day certificates, and memento photographs.
Estimated prize value: $2,000. There are 1,200 total raffle tickets are available for sale.
Raffle tickets are $5 each, or five for $20.
Tickets purchased online will be mailed. All ticket purchases must take place in the province of Alberta only. Draw is September 26, 2016 at Heritage Park.
Full raffle rules and details. Raffle license #431374.
September 26 3:00 pm - September 26, 3:00 pm