Festival of Quilts: "Quilts In Living Colour"
Saturday, May 26 & Sunday, May 27, 2018
10:00am - 5:00pm
It's the 23rd anniversary of the Festival of Quilts, and we have a lot in store for Western Canada’s largest outdoor quilt show! Hundreds of stunning handmade quilts of all shapes, sizes and techniques will decorate the Park's exhibits inside and out.
Whether you’re an avid quilter or simply enjoy viewing the beautiful work, there is quilting fun to be had all over the Park:
• Wander over to the Merchants' Mall where a variety of businesses from across western Canada will be offering the 'latest and greatest' from the quilting community.
• Quilt Community Showcase - Visit with guild members to discover what quilters in Calgary are working on.
• How-to demonstrations to inspire your creativity
• Iron Quilt Challenges - Machines and fingers will fly as you come and watch two teams of four square off in the Iron Quilt Challenge! On Saturday, May 26 and Sunday, May 27 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., two teams each day will have two hours to complete a small quilt challenge and be awarded prizes.
• The special displays this year include Black-and-White-Plus-One-Colour quilts, as well as intricately pieced and colourful quilts in the style of Judy Niemeyer and Jacqueline de Jonge.
Festival of Quilts Gala Dinner
Saturday, May 26, 2018 | Gasoline Alley Museum at Heritage Park
Cash Bar 6:00 p.m. | Dinner 7:00 p.m.
Enjoy a sumptuous three-course dinner and then relax for an evening of entertainment with Gloria Loughman.
Dinner evening sponsored by Along Came Quilting
Thank you to our media sponsors!