Once Upon A Christmas at Heritage Park
Saturdays & Sundays, November 23 - December 22, 2019
9:30 am to 4:00 p.m.
Experience the magic of Christmas past at Heritage Park in Calgary. Enjoy a festive wagon ride, sing carols or visit with jolly old Saint Nick himself. Immerse yourself in an old-fashioned Christmas as some of the historical family homes and buildings open their doors to share their Yuletide traditions.
Special Holiday Activities
Hands-on activities and entertainment are sure to delight guests of all ages. Come and get your fix of wholesome holiday cheer! Highlights include:
- Santa visits (with optional professional photo*)
- Christmas train display
- Holiday play in the Canmore Opera House
- Children's crafts
- Gingerbread cookie decorating*
- Unique shopping, including the 'Kids Only' Store
- Freshed baked goods from Alberta Bakery
- Wagon rides (weather dependent)
- Christmas carols
- Antique photo parlour*
- Select historical homes and buildings open
*Additional fees apply
Looking for a one-of-a-kind gift? Stop by the gift shops located before the front gates. The Corner Emporium, Plaza Mercantile, Switzer's Grocery & Confectionery and our Toy Shoppe will be full of unique holiday treasures! Admission is not required to visit stores located in the Heritage Town Square.
Stores in the Historical Village will feature a variety of items not found in our other shops. Be sure to bring your Christmas wish lists along, as we'll have something for everyone.
The 'Kids-Only' Store offers up a chance for little ones to surprise friends and family on Christmas morning. Have a seat in the parents lounge while our friendly volunteers aid shoppers in finding that perfect gift.
Dining and Concessions
The Railway Cafe, Wainwright Hotel Bar Room and Club Cafe will be serving a variety of lunch options, baked goods and snacks. The Alberta Bakery will offer a selection of fresh baked holiday treats and Shepard Station will offer hot drinks and snacks. For a special treat, the Selkirk Grille offers elegant dining, lunch and dinner service.
Once Upon a Christmas Breakfast Buffet
Parking and Transportation
Take advantage of our ample parking or leave the driving up to the professionals and hop on the 502 Calgary Transit bus route from the Heritage LRT station.
The popularity of Once Upon a Christmas can result in line-ups at favourite locations, especially during the afternoon. Here is our insider tip of key spots to visit in the morning, for a shorter wait time:
- Stop at Gasoline Alley (now included with admission!) first. You’ll find Santa, crafts and games here.
- Take a wagon ride in the morning light. It’s a beautiful time to go dashing through the snow!*
- Kids, go shopping early! Don’t wait too long to find gifts for your family at the Kids’ Only Store.
- Have sugar for breakfast. The candy store and bakery are always popular. Stock up in the morning to avoid lineups!
*After 3 pm, tickets are required for wagon rides. Limited tickets will be available at the wagon loading area after 3 pm. Wagon ride tickets are free.
November 23 9:30 am - December 22, 4:00 pm
Heritage Park Historical Village