Once Upon A Christmas at Heritage Park
Weekends from November 19 through to December 18, 2016
9:30am - 4:00pm
Take a step back into true holiday enchantment this Christmas in Calgary. Join us for a wagon ride, singing carols or visiting jolly old Saint Nick himself. Experience the magic of Christmas past as some of our historical family homes open their doors to share their Yuletide traditions.
Cold Weather Update - December 8 , 2016:
Due to the low temperatures, the following activities will be affected this weekend (Dec. 10 -11) during Once Upon A Christmas:
• Santa’s Christmas Critters will be staying home in their cozy beds. We hope to have them visit next weekend!
• Wagon Rides will only run if we reach -17 or above including wind chill.
• Access to our shuttle buses will be open for all guests (please note we do not have capacity for strollers or wagons to be brought onto the buses).
Special Holiday Activities
Hands-on activities and entertainment are sure to delight guests of all ages. Come and get your fix of wholesome holiday cheer! Highlights include:
- Gingerbread Cookie Decorating
- Snow Painting (weather dependant)
- Santa's Christmas Critters Petting Zoo
- Christmas Train Display
- Live Christmas Play in the Canmore Opera House
- Children's Crafts
- A 'Kids Only' store
- Wagon Rides (weather dependant)
- Christmas Carols
- Vintage photo parlour
General (15+) - $10.75
Senior (65+) - $8.50
Youth (7 - 14) - $6.75
Child (3 - 6) - $5.50
(2 & under - free)
Admission now includes access to Gasoline Alley Museum!
Looking for a one-of-a-kind gift? Stop by the gift shops located before the front gates. The Corner Emporium, Plaza Mercantile, Antiques and Collectables, Switzer's Grocery & Confectionery and our Toy Shoppe will be full of unique holiday treasures! Admission is not required to visit stores located in the Heritage Town Square.
Stores in the Historical Village will feature a variety of items not found in our other shops. Be sure to bring your Christmas wish lists along, as we'll have something for everyone.
Our 'Kids-Only' store offers up a chance for little ones to surprise friends and family on Christmas morning. Have a seat in the parents lounge while our friendly elves aid shoppers in finding that perfect gift.
Dining and Concessions
Enjoy our popular Once Upon A Christmas Breakfast Buffet. Tickets to the buffet are sold in advance and will sell out, so purchase yours early to avoid disappointment! The Railway Cafe, Wainwright Hotel Bar Room and Club Cafe will be serving a variety of lunch options, baked goods and snacks. The Alberta Bakery will offer a selection of fresh baked holiday treats and Shepard Station will offer hot drinks and snacks. For a special treat, the Selkirk Grille offers elegant dining, lunch and dinner service.
Parking and Transportation
Take advantage of our ample parking or leave the driving up to the professionals and hop on the 502 Calgary Transit shuttle from the Heritage LRT station.
The popularity of Once Upon a Christmas can result in line-ups at favourite locations, especially during the afternoon. Here is our insider tip of key spots to visit in the morning, for a shorter wait time:
- Stop at Gasoline Alley (now included with admission!) first. You’ll find Santa crafts & games here.
- Take a wagon ride in the morning light. It’s a beautiful time to go dashing through the snow!*
- Kids, go shopping early! Don’t wait too long to find gifts for your family at the Kids’ Only Store.
- Have sugar for breakfast. The candy store and bakery are always popular. Stock up in the morning to avoid lineups!
After 3 pm, tickets are required for wagon rides. Limited tickets are available at the wagon loading area after 3 pm. Wagon ride tickets are free.