Pokémon Go Guide at Heritage Park
Calling all Pokémon Go players. It seems some wild Pokémon have decided to travel back in time! Heritage Park Historical Village has 19 Pokéstops, 4 gyms and countless Pokémon roaming the Park.
Gotta catch ’em all? Please follow our safety guidelines and don’t forget to look up so you can see and experience the beautiful exhibits around you.
There are 19 Pokéstops located throughout our grounds. Be certain to visit each one, and learn something about Western Canadian history while you're at it! Don’t forget to look up from your phone as you’re stopping at each Pokéstop - Heritage Park is full of fun facts and engaging activities.
There are Gyms located at the Railway Garden, Bruderheim Windmill, Shepard Station and Our Lady of Peace Mission, so be sure to wear some comfortable shoes - you've got some walking to do!
Safety for our guests and staff is priority number one at Heritage Park! Please respect our exhibits and grounds while staying out of restricted areas. Follow these simple rules while playing to ensure a fun visit for all.
Rules for safe Pokémon GO quests at Heritage Park Historical Village:
- Even a Pokémon Master must stay within guest areas. Please don’t climb any fences or historical equipment or follow any Pokémon into employee only or restricted areas.
- Be careful not to bump into any of our fragile historic artifacts, stay out of gardens and flowerbeds and watch for fellow guests enjoying a day out in the park.
- Remember to take a break from the game and enjoy everything the park has to offer. Ride the train, take a cruise and enjoy some freshly baked goodies.
- No catch is worth sacrificing your safety. Be aware of moving trains, wagons and vehicles.
- ALWAYS- STOP, LOOK and LISTEN before you cross a train track.
- Never walk in front of or behind a stopped train. It can move suddenly at anytime.
- Never cross in front of a moving train or wagon until it has come to a complete stop.
- Do not walk or climb between parked or moving railway cars.
- Never cross in front of a train that is ringing its bell. This is a warning signal that the train is about to move.
- Always use the designated level crossing to cross train tracks.
- Obey the signs and signals near railway crossings. Flashing lights and bells mean the train is coming so be safe and stay away.
- If you find a Pokémon at any of our venues, be sure to let us know! Even better? Share a photo of your Pokémon with us on social media using #PokemonGoHP
Share your catches with us! Use #PokemonGOHP on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram to show us the Pokémon you've found at Heritage Park.