The health and safety of our guests and staff are our top priority. Heritage Park will continue adhering to enhanced public safety measures to keep everyone safe, even after government restrictions have lifted. Our own protocols will be phased out gradually when we feel it’s safe to do so.
As Alberta is now entering stage three of Alberta's Open For Summer Plan the following changes will be implemented at the Park beginning on July 1
• As per Provincial and Civic mask regulations, guests are still required to wear masks on any public vehicles. This includes the S.S. Moyie, train, wagon rides and Heritage Park shuttle bus.
• Guests are no longer required to wear a mask at Heritage Park, with the exception to the above line, but are welcome to do so.
• Heritage Park public facing staff will continue to wear masks at this time.
• Timed ticketing is no longer required. If you have purchased timed tickets for an upcoming visit, you can now arrive at any time during that day.
• Admission tickets are available at the front gate, however we do encourage pre-purchasing your admission online, to beat the line at the gate.
• The S.S. Moyie is now operating at full capacity.
• The Steam Train is now operating at full capacity and is making stops at all three train stations.
• Retail stores are open at full capacity, however social distancing will still be encouraged.
• 2nd floors of historical village exhibits are open to the public.
• All food venues inside the Historical Village are open for indoor dining.
• The Selkirk and Railway Cafe are open for indoor dining.
• Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the Park.
• Enhanced cleaning protocols will remain throughout the Park.
• Gasoline Alley Museum is open daily.
• Restrictions have been lifted on all gathering sizes, and Heritage Park can host your next wedding, private party or function large or small, indoors or outdoors.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get to Heritage Park?
Heritage Park is accessible by car, bike path and bus.
Calgary Transit has several routes that you can take to Heritage Park, including MAX Yellow, MAX Teal, Route 20, and the Heritage Park shuttle route 502. Visit http://www.calgarytransit.com/ for more information
Can I still shop at Heritage Park?
Yes, retail stores are open at full capacity, however social distancing will still be encouraged. Thank you for supporting local!
Can I order food from the Selkirk restaurant?
The Selkirk is open for both indoor and outdoor dining. Takeout is still available. See the menu >>
Do I have to wear a mask?
Guests are only required to wear masks on the S.S. Moyie, train, wagon rides and shuttle bus until the city lifts its mask mandate. Masks are not required anywhere else. Heritage Park staff will continue to wear masks until July 30th.
When does the Historical Village re-open?
The Historical Village is open daily from May 22 until September 6th.
Will the Park Lane Antique Portrait Studio be operating this year?
Our Park Lane Portrait studio is open seven days a week with bookings available every half hour from 10am-4:30pm.
Walk-ins are welcome and pre-booking is not necessary, however, we encourage guests to book in advance to secure their time slot.
Please email [email protected] or call (403) 268-8640 to book your session time.
When does Gasoline Alley Museum re-open?
Gasoline Alley Museum is now open daily and included with regular Heritage Park admission.
How can I support Heritage Park during this time?
As a registered charity, Heritage Park is gratefully accepting donations at www.heritagepark.ca/donate
I have further questions. How do I contact Heritage Park?
Please call us at (403) 268-8500 between 8:30am and 4:30pm. You can also reach us at [email protected].
Where do I go to get my Annual Membership photo?
We will not be issuing annual membership photos this year. All new membership cards will have a member name and and membership number only.
Can I make purchases with cash?
Yes you can.
Can I eat at the Wainwright Hotel?
Yes, the Wainwright Hotel is now open.
Are pets allowed?
Pets are not permitted inside the Historical Village. This is for the safety of our horses and livestock.
Do you have scooters, strollers or wheelchairs for rent?
We do not have scooter, stroller or wheelchair rentals, however we do provide a courtesy bus for mobility challenged guests. If you require the bus, please ask our front gate staff to call the bus for you upon your arrival. The bus picks up and drops off in front of the Railway Cafe.
Can I bring in my own food?
You are welcome to bring in your own food. Heritage Park has plenty of picnic tables and green space throughout the Park. You are not permitted to bring in alcohol.